Welcome to the Cornell Computer Science Wiki. This site is intended to contain any information useful to those in the Cornell CS department. It was created and is maintained by graduate students in the computer science department. More about this wiki.
General department info
- Dept FAQ
- PhD Social Mailing List
- CSGO: The Computer Science Graduate Organization
- Social Events - post ideas for more
- Visitors cheatsheet - for visiting scholars
- MS info - for incoming MS students
Living and getting around in Ithaca
Getting stuff done
Were you asked or did you volunteer to do something around the department? Look here for advice and institutional memory on how to get it done.
- Hosting Visitors
- PhD Student Czars
- Visit Day
- Student PhD Mentors
- Procurement Card
- Hosting Social Hour
Meta and career advice
Tech and troubleshooting
Minutes and Records
- PhD Townhall
- Administrivia/furniture requests
- Town Hall Dec. 2 2014
- Town Hall Nov. 17 2015
- Class Pages -- apparently, at one time this wiki was used to host materials for graduate courses. It is no longer used for that purpose.
Contributing to the Wiki
Have something to add to the CS wiki? Feel free to edit any existing page or make your own. If you're looking for writing/editing guidelines, the Wikipedia Guidelines are a good place to start.
Need inspiration? Suggested Pages
Find a bug? Think something should be changed? Option 1: Change it yourself! Go ahead; no permission needed. Option 2: Add it to the Bugs and Suggested Improvements page.